1920 Colonial Revival – Poultney, VT – $225,000

Added to OHD on 9/12/17 - Last OHD Update: 9/12/17
60 College St N, Poultney, VT 05764 Map: Street View
  • Stately four bedroom, two bath colonial situated on a private .68 acre landscaped lot in an attractive village setting. Interior features include a large kitchen, formal dining room, living room with fireplace , den and office. There is beautiful woodwork throughout the home with many built-ins. Outside there is a one car barn-garage with workshop, inground swimming pool with bath house and a large fenced private yard with ample garden space. Within walking distance to all town amenities.

16 Comments on 1920 Colonial Revival – Poultney, VT – $225,000

1. I wish the kitchen photos were better. I can’t tell if that’s an original kitchen or they did an amazing job to make it look like it could be. Either way, I’m really loving this one.

• virginiagirl (3 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 7:54 pm //

I’m with you, Kelly. I was completely sold once I saw the kitchen and pantry.

• Annie K (3 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 9:36 pm //

You beat me to it! I was hoping for better pictures of the kitchen too. It is gorgeous! As I sit on my couch, I am looking up at my kitchen cabinets imaging them being that color green.

2. Agusta (82 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 5:44 pm //

I would love to have this home. How refreshing to see an unmolested kitchen. The only hold back is the zip code.

• farmhousedreams (9 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 9:42 am //

Agusta, the zip code? I don’t know anything about VT… is this in a very remote location?

3. Cat B (4 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 5:52 pm //

I would like to see inside the garage/workshop. Is there a fireplace? Looks like a chimney…

• Graham (195 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 2:59 pm //

My guess would be a pot-belly stove for those cold winter days….
      What a nice house, feels like home.

4. JaneH (5 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 8:06 pm //

Well, that was my idea of perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. I’d buy it if I could.

5. Jpdillon Jpdillon (32 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 8:11 pm //

It’s nothing hugely special, but i think that is what I admire the most. Just honest, original, solid craftsmanship. House looks great, and I don’t think I would have to change much of anything. Overall, really pretty house.

Also, I’ve been to Poultney! It’s a great little town, and lake St. Catherine is right around the block. What a beautiful area it is.

6. Paul M (25 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 10:32 pm //

I’m a fool for cottage windows. Love ’em.

7. Lissie (300 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 6:43 am //

The exterior is very appealing especially the yard. Love the kitchen too.

8. Dallas (81 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 12:04 pm //

I love a large traditional house like this. Makes me feel safe somehow.

9. Another Mike (3 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 12:27 pm //

Seems pricey for that area of Vermont. I grew up on Church St only a 100 yds from this home. The kitchen does look nice, and authentic. I’d bet it hasn’t had much more than new paint and caulk. Good or bad, much of that house looks to be in its original form. That was one of my favorite streets to ride my bike down because of the trees and houses. Temptation would always get the best of us and we’d ride over to the college, they had the best sidewalks, curves, bumps and so on. Security would sometimes chase us which added to the thrill. 😀

10. Rita (26 comments) - 09/14/2017 at 2:13 pm //

Love this house, love the kitchen. All those Persian rugs truly made me feel at home, as I have many very similar rugs myself. Love everything about this one and I’m usually more of an Arts and Crafts or Craftsman style fan.