1894 Queen Anne – East Bend, NC – $199,900

Added to OHD on 9/12/17 - Last OHD Update: 9/12/17
  • Baths: 2.5
  • Acres: 1
204 E Main St, East Bend, NC 27018 Map: Street View
  • Wonderful home located in downtown East Bend! Small town, quiet living only 20 minutes from Winston Salem. 5000+sqft loaded with charm and features of a home built around the turn of the century! Gorgeous wood floors thru most of the house, tile floor in the kitchen and baths. 10 fireplaces! Office on main level could be used as bedroom. Listen to the rain with a tin roof! Amazing wrap around porch. Must see the pictures and make an appointment for your own showing!
    Contact the listing agent for more info.
  • Paul M Bodenheimer, Bodenheimer Real Estate // (336) 765-3000
  • Source Links
  • Movoto, Realtor, Trulia, Zillow

22 Comments on 1894 Queen Anne – East Bend, NC – $199,900

1. Ross Ross (2526 comments) - 07/07/2015 at 8:49 pm //

Although the porch columns and railings appear to have been recently made, and highly influenced by the Pillsbury Doughboy, I am gobsmacked by the interior.

2. Ed Ferris (333 comments) - 07/08/2015 at 11:38 am //

So horizontal boarding is authentic for interior walls! I often wondered why people went to the trouble to put in nailers between the studs for vertical boarding. In this locality you would expect Southern yellow pine, but I don’t see much of a grain. Could it be real maple, or just stained?

3. Karen (197 comments) - 07/08/2015 at 2:43 pm //

I’d buy this just for the bathtub in front of the fireplace! I think all that wood might get oppressive though, and the kitchen doesn’t fit the house.

4. Rosewater Rosewater (2669 comments) - 07/08/2015 at 7:45 pm //

Ooooh. That rather pedestrian, 40’s, veneered bedroom set looks REALLY pretty against the wood in that bedroom. I’ve never liked those sets, but that one is just beautiful set against the lushly patinated wood of the room. Preeeeetty.

• Rosewater Rosewater (2669 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 10:27 pm //

Well I guess they moved out so no more furniture. One of the new pics showing something really interesting on the back porch. Looks like maybe a cistern, but noooo. What is it?

5. Sue susan mecca urbanczyk (1165 comments) - 08/13/2015 at 2:46 pm //

What an incredible interior. Such a beauty. You could soften the wood with incredible fabrics and furniture to create a balance against all the darkness: And of course redo all the purple ceilings. Just beautiful.

6. Linnie (10 comments) - 08/18/2015 at 5:19 pm //

I LOVE the house BUT all that dark wood …… it would make me crazy. I love light bright rooms and these are the total opposite.

7. shari73 shari73 (40 comments) - 02/10/2016 at 11:34 am //

Is that bathroom with the tub front the fireplace real? Heavenly!

8. Posted in 2015, hadn’t sold yet but updated with new pics, move to front page.

9. Sue S. Sue S. (445 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 4:14 pm //

If most of the interior wood is original, I’d almost bet money the first owner/builder owned a lumber mill. The rooms would look a lot brighter if the ceilings were white instead of Pepto-Bismol pink. Plus, bright rugs and wall hangings, etc.

Also, this beautiful home is another perfect example of how quickly a “modernized” kitchen becomes dated and out of place.

10. Lori (39 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 8:24 pm //

Is that box on the porch with the hand wheel on it a water well? Dont think I’ve ever seen one on the porch before.

11. kmmoore (60 comments) - 09/12/2017 at 10:20 pm //

“Wood” you like a tour? Hahahaha I couldn’t resist!

12. Lissie (300 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 7:26 am //

Woody Woodpecker would love this house. Not crazy about the colors used in the interior but, I love the wood fireplace mantels.

13. Rick Campbell (21 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 9:36 am //

Wow! A great house that looks to be in excellent condition. Yes, something would have to be done to tone down all the wood but it could definitely be done. Absolutely worth seeing! Love the little “cottage” out back and the creative uses of the fireplaces in the bathrooms!

14. DianeEG (377 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 10:06 am //

For all the succession of owners who didn’t paint the wood: THANK YOU! Photographs of natural wood on walls make the rooms look darker than they probably are in reality. The purple kitchen/bath/laundry room updates could be dated back plus cosmetic color changes could further mellow. Not sure if it’s the same room as the kitchen, but the photo before the kitchen island one, with tiled floor seems to be the other end of the kitchen. I’m guessing cistern on the porch thing especially since there’s a pulley on the ceiling above and it’s outside the kitchen door. Since so many things are well maintained and the reasonable asking price, the new owners’ cash could go to the fun things.

15. Barrine (26 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 11:44 am //

LOVE the exterior of the house, and LOVE the idea of 5000 sq. ft. of living space, but all that wood feels kinda oppressive.

16. Tommy Q (408 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 11:48 am //

I think it could be like living inside a Reece’s peanut butter cup. But for the right person, that would be very cool.

17. Elaine (1 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 2:25 pm //

And… no mirrors in this house, not even in the bathrooms. Not sure if I like that feature or if it creeps me out.

18. cheryl plato (126 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 5:14 pm //

Have noticed that in NC once one gets into the higher elevations near and in the mountains the prevalence of that beadboard(?) increases. Wonder why.

19. Gregory K. Hubbard (48 comments) - 09/15/2017 at 4:11 pm //

This house reminds me of so many I saw in North Carolina.

While visiting in the Lumberton area, I toured an old academy building whose whole interior was faced in varnished wood. There was even an auditorium-theater that was upholstered in beadboard just like this home.

I wouldn’t change a thing as far as the wood is concerned.

I have antique architectural periodicals that advertise molds to cast concrete columns like those used in this porch. That particular company, which recommended starting a home business with their molds, also produced molds for other building components such as concrete blocks designed to look like cut stone.

Again, a really swell house.