SOLD / Archived From 2019
Added to OHD on 1/11/19 - Last OHD Update: 3/13/19 - 4 Comments
Come and see this stone house known as the Charcoal House which is part of the historic site of Harford Furnace. This house is on the Historic Register and the plaque is at the side door. This home is on over 8 acres in the woods overlooking James Run creek. Features include 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a living room fireplace, deep window wells, stone walls, fencing, front and back brick and stone patios and a 3 season porch with cooking capabilities, 2 separate garages holding 5 cars with work space, a carport and a circular driveway. This is a Fannie Mae HomePath property. Offers to be made in HomePath. See the mls documents section for offer information. Contact the listing agent with any questions.
Sold BySandie Klein, Long & Foster Real Estate
(410) 879-8080 / (410) 459-0044
From the National Register: "This one-story, stone structure...was the charcoal shed for the "steam and water cold-blast charcoal furnace" built here in 1845....Converted to a residence c. 1950, the building is coursed stone with a slate gable roof and an interior brick chimney. The roof's bargeboards are sawn into a distinctive wavey pattern. Other woodwork, doors and window frames, dates to the 1950 adaptive reuse but, when the shed was converted into domestic use, great care was taken to duplicate the original design. Some window openings date to 1950; in the east and, the original door was made into a widow and a new door was opened south of it. The three-bay north side originally had a center door and two windows but it now has a center door with two windows to the east and two to the west."
Links, Photos & Additional Info