SOLD / Archived From 2013
Added to OHD on 9/27/13 - Last OHD Update: 10/30/18 - 2 Comments
"Crestwood" was built in 1915. The columns & some other building materials were salvaged from a residence which partially burned at 701 N. Patterson St. The west wing added in 1928, included the library, two upstairs BRs, BA & storage closets. In 1982, under the direction of Architect, Richard Hill of Valdosta the renovations were in keeping with requirements of the historic Preservation Section & is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. With the exception of the kitchen, no major changes were made to the house. During the 1920 & 1930's decades the residence was the center of an operating pecan plantation. The front is dominated by a massive 2-story redimented portico supported by two tall fluted columns, which extend out beyond the porch. Centered beneath the portico is the main entrance with its double craftsman style beveled glass doors. Similar doors provide entrance from the porte-cochere on the east side. Significant interior features in the main part of the house include wainscoating in the main downstairs rooms & stairhall, an open-well three run stairway w/finely crafted newels and square balusters, a variety of neoclassical style mantels, & craftsman style paneled doors. In the library, located in the 1928 wing, are a beamed ceiling, a massive limestone fireplace, a classical frieze over French doors leading into the dining rm, & rear stairhalls.
Sold ByMissy Sherwood, Coldwell Banker,