OHD highlights the best of historic real estate. It is not hooked into the MLS but is maintained by the owner, Kelly. The site is a mix of agent, owner, reader and OHD listings. If you would like to read testimonials and additional info about adding a home to OHD click here.
Not all homes submitted will qualify. Build dates don’t mean much if the home has been heavily remodeled. OHD is picky when it comes to what is added to the site, not all homes submitted are added.
- Older than 1968. Commercial buildings, churches, barns, schools and other types of buildings are welcome as long as they retain original features.
- Must not be significantly altered or heavily remodeled. NO “open concept” remodels or brand new everything: floors, doors, windows, over abundance of recessed lighting. If the home has non-original siding and windows, it may still be considered if the interior is mostly original. Examples of what will not be accepted: link
- Photographs must be clear. Fuzzy, dark, poorly shot (as in seeing more furniture and close-ups rather than the home itself) may not be approved.
- Note: Titles, located at the top of the post, are not customizable. This will always follow the format of build date, style (sometimes left blank when the home has no one style, city, state and price.)
- Active listings only. No pending or off market.
No fees or charges! OHD does not charge any fees to the owner or agent at any time.
Different information is needed depending on agent or owner listed. Please use the appropriate submission form based on how the home is being sold. Agents and owners are not able to modify listings but must contact the admin: kelly
@oldhousedreams.com. All submissions may not qualify for adding to OHD.
Agent: Use the “Agent Listed Form”.
If you are the owner and your home is listed with an agent: “Agent Listed Form”.
If you are the owner and selling it without an agent: “For Sale by Owner Form”.
If you are a reader and want to share a home you do not own, please use the newest “Link Exchange” post.
Coupon code will be emailed after your submission. Note: Old House Dreams and Oldhouses.com are run by different people and are separate sites.