c. 1940 Tudor Revival – Brewster, NY – $350,000

Contingent or Pending Sale
Added to OHD on 9/7/17 - Last OHD Update: 9/12/17
91 Ballyhack Rd, Brewster, NY 10509 Map: Aerial View
  • Want to escape?Looking for peace and privacy?Nestled on over 3+ acres of land is where you will find your refuge from the world. This beautiful home will charm you with its cozy features, forest views, and exposed wood interior.Call it a mountain cabin or a quaint cottage ? you're really only minutes away from shops and restaurants. Set far from the road, the house lies on a solid rock foundation. Behind the wooden door you'll find a large living area with vaulted ceilings. Continue on and you'll find the dining room, and a sit-down bar with a view into the kitchen. The kitchen has lovely dutch doors that open up onto the large porch.Behind the living room are two large bedrooms (one with its own fireplace), and a full bathroom. Take the open staircase up from the living room to a balcony just off from the master bedroom and ensuite full bathroom.Spend your nights in front of the true wood burning fireplace, or relaxing out on the screened in-porch!

28 Comments on c. 1940 Tudor Revival – Brewster, NY – $350,000

1. Thanks BungalowGirl for sharing!

2. Rosewater Rosewater (2669 comments) - 09/07/2017 at 10:06 pm //

Whoa – super RAD kitchen sink unit! It’s like having a classic Airstream in your kitchen. Talk about industrial sculptural = Nice!

3. Linda R (123 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 12:11 am //

Best screened in back porch ever.

4. hearsetrax (33 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 5:43 am //

now this place is Drool worthy WOW!!

5. Barrine (26 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 6:47 am //

Gosh, I absolutely love every little thing about this house, but especially the wicker deer head !!

6. BlindOracle (6 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 7:17 am //

OMG when can I move in?

7. Connie Murray (54 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 7:20 am //

Completely the coolest house I’ve ever seen — would not change a thing! And its in Brewster, NY (home of That Girl!).

8. TrishM (7 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 7:40 am //

Wonderful Fall/Winter retreat. The kitchen sink is fantastic. Beautiful home.

9. Amanda (73 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 7:41 am //

I want to escape to here. Irma is heading toward my little house we are in coral gables florida. It was built in 1924 one of the first homes. Flat roof and a fireplace. I need somewhere safe and this looks just right. If anyone else reading this is in irmas path stay safe. Power will be out for sure so I can’t post . Oh how I wish I had made a move to one of my dream homes when we could.

• Sorry to hear that Amanda, hope your home gets through unharmed (and you as well!)

• hearsetrax (33 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 10:10 am //

think possitive and will include a prayer for you and thy loved ones

from my last glance at my favorite weather page,we’ll be extremely lucky to escaper Irma’s wraith

Best of luck

• KellyS (68 comments) - 09/09/2017 at 9:35 pm //

Praying for your safety. Amanda!!

• Merri Ferrell (13 comments) - 09/10/2017 at 11:17 am //

Amanda, my 98 year old mother is on the ocean in Vero Beach for the hurricane. I hear you–Brewster looks like a safer place. Coral Gables is beautiful. I hope you get through the storm OK.

10. Scott Allan (2 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 8:24 am //

That kitchen sink is the bomb!

11. Indymom12 Indymom12 (316 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 8:49 am //

Another on my favorites list! Love this house! That kitchen sink is awesome as is the porch across the back! Loving these storybook homes!

12. Cynthia Lambert (7 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 9:15 am //

That kitchen! Love it.

13. SandyF (77 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 11:02 am //

Ananda-Stay safe,please let us know how you are after Irma’s wrath.
    We are all going to be worried about all of our oldhousedreams friends…

14. Glorybe (45 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 11:13 am //

I love all of this Stone on the inside and I wouldn’t change a thing! Not sure where Brewster, New York is, but I’m going to find out.

Amanda be safe and sound and know that God is with you!

15. kbliss (5 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 11:44 am //

This reminds me of the movie with Doris Day and Rock Hudson, in Party Line. He takes her away for the weekend, and the cabin looked just like this. I love it. Would have like have seen more of outside.

16. NancyN (49 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 1:48 pm //

I love this house. The stone and especially that droolworthy back porch. Wish I could move in tomorrow!

17. Cathy F. (1074 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 5:12 pm //

What a cool & unusual house! Love the stonework & exterior’s front design, the large back sunporch – looking out onto the woods, & the kitchen’s stainless double drainboard with integrated sink!! And the long window seat in the LR & casement windows. The only thing that would really give me pause is the staircase’s open risers – which prob wouldn’t have bothered me 30/40 years ago! Oh… and the wicker deer’s head is, for me, waaay preferable to a real one!

18. Laurie W. (1378 comments) - 09/08/2017 at 5:32 pm //

I am in love. Never expected to find Hansel & Gretel in Brewster NY! This house is pure joy. Individual and packed with personality — can’t think of anything I’d change.

I add my wishes & thoughts for all OHDers in the path of Irma. It may come here in southern NC or may miss us, but we will not be in the danger others are — prayers for your safety, everyone — Kelly, I hope you’re out of the storm zone.

• Well looking at the path map, we may be in for some wind but hopefully by the time it reaches us, it’ll have died down. I remember Hurricane Opal in 1995, the wind caused so much damage and was pretty scary. I can’t imagine being on the coast when it hits and at it’s mightiest.

19. montana channing (199 comments) - 09/09/2017 at 5:41 pm //

i’m packing my bags to move in right now. i figure if i knock over every 7-11 and Irving station between here and Brewster, I’ll have just enough money for the down payment.
    this house is the best i’ve seen in quite some time between the stonework and the window seats, it’s the OMG of OMG’S.
    call the EMTs – i’m breathless.

20. Carole (14 comments) - 09/10/2017 at 1:57 pm //

What a sweet place. I could live there.

21. Lizzieborden6986 (1 comments) - 09/11/2017 at 6:18 pm //

I grew up in Brewster NY couldn’t have asked for a better place to grow up in. The friends I made have lasted a lifetime. I grew up in an overseer cottage with a 20 room mansion next door belonging to our landlord. At the bottom of our road (Dingle Ridge Rd) was a giant Pink dinosaur on RT 6 . You couldn’t miss it when we gave directions. I had horse’s and worked at Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward’s horse farm in North Salem NY. The homes are truly amazing with such charm and character unlike where I live now in boring brown Phoenix Az. I truly wish I could go home again. Whomever buys this fabulous home I hope makes as many wonderful memories as I have of a truly charming town Also God bless everyone in Irma’s path as well as Harvey victims. Including all the innocent animals.

22. peeweebc peeweebc (146 comments) - 09/11/2017 at 10:35 pm //

This place is bomb omg!!! Love everything especially that kicthen! oY!

23. StevenF (100 comments) - 09/13/2017 at 3:31 pm //

If you’ve seen one Tudor, you’ve seen one Tudor. They’re all unique. THIS is what I love about Tudors.