Clayton, GA – $240,000

Added to OHD on 8/11/17 - Last OHD Update: 8/11/17
119 Prime Hill Dr, Clayton, GA 30525 Map: Street View
  • Splendid 1800's Historic Charmer, Plus Income Producing Duplex. Original Bungalow Features 3br/2fb Hardwood Flooring, Beadboard Interior, Stone Fireplace, Screen Porch, Beautiful Aged Rock Walls And Steps, Shade Gardens And Quality Restoration Of The Magnificent Stone Chimney. New Electrical And Plumping Throughout Including The Garage Wired For A Workshop/cellar Below. Original Footed Bathtub And So Many Other Unique Finds. Additionally 1920's Duplex. Two 1br/1ba Apartments Featuring Original Pine Interiors, Appliances, Screen Porches, Side Yards And Ample Parking (one Is Furnished)there's Room For A Large Garden Or Pond On This 1+ Acre Property. Ideally Located With Walk To Town Convenience To Churches, Restaurants, And Shopping. This Is One Of A Kind.

11 Comments on Clayton, GA – $240,000

1. Lindsay G (843 comments) - 08/11/2017 at 1:27 pm //

What a super cute little cottage! I love the yard and moss covered stone steps. I feel like I’d bump my head on the ceiling though, in like every single room…and especially in that kitchen! Lol.

• I loved the stone too. This part of Georgia is awesome. I keep telling my husband it’s time for a vacation up here again or at least a visit. 🙂

2. Laurie W. (1378 comments) - 08/11/2017 at 5:16 pm //

Not only the steps — I really like the stacked stone chimney. That cottage is a gem. The beadboard conveys a relaxed atmosphere. Only the master bedroom would need some change if I live there — with the one small window, at least in the photo it feels like a big coffin. Otherwise, the whole place just exudes peacefulness.

• JimH JimH (3751 comments) - 08/12/2017 at 12:09 am //

Laurie, a big coffin with a window doesn’t sound too bad, but a dormer with a view into the trees from the bed would be much better!

I love big old houses and fine architecture, but my lottery dream is to buy 1000 acres of woods with a nice little bungalow like this (and also to hire someone to do the shopping so I never have to go to a strip mall again).

3. luv4stephen@aol.com (37 comments) - 08/12/2017 at 8:04 am //

Okay. I was totally surprised by this one. From the initial picture, I was thinking ‘meh’ but then the other’s won me over. Love the land surrounding the cottage and most everything about it. I did notice several box fans. That would be a concern for me. This old woman needs her A/C. 😉

• pablum031390 (1 comments) - 08/16/2017 at 2:15 am //

LOL…you can just shop with Amazon. You would be amazed. I have a lot of big, bulky stuff shipped to me…toilet paper,etc. Only shop for fresh fruit, meat and veggies.

Makes life easier. I’m 77; don’t feel like carry all those bags in from car.

4. Jan Ramey (24 comments) - 08/12/2017 at 9:01 am //

The house really fits the setting but I’d really want the land the most.

5. Susan Lind (64 comments) - 08/12/2017 at 10:11 am //

What a surprising unique charmer! Would make a great family retreat!

6. CharlestonJohn CharlestonJohn (604 comments) - 08/12/2017 at 10:16 am //

Keep the north Georgia cottages coming. The region where NC, SC, and GA all come together is special for us as well. One day we’ll buy a place with some property up there, restore it, and retire.

7. Lottie Lottie (409 comments) - 08/12/2017 at 11:53 pm //

Very beautiful area!

8. Lissie (300 comments) - 08/14/2017 at 9:15 am //

It’s a cute Georgian cottage. The upstairs bedroom does need a dormer!