1895 – Bradley, SC – $29,900

Added to OHD on 7/17/17 - Last OHD Update: 8/9/17
4803 Us Highway 221 S, Bradley, SC 29819 Map: Street View
  • Old World Charm. This home awaits it's next owner that can take it back to where it could be. Lots of the renovation work has been done but there is still lots more to make it the Showplace it could be. Inside you will find high ceilings, wide hallways, beautiful stained glass front and back doors, old time cook stove, antique light fixtures, and multiple fireplaces. Outside are large trees, exterior buildings and both a front and back porch.... All within Bradley proper. Call today to see this rare gem.

18 Comments on 1895 – Bradley, SC – $29,900

1. CharlestonJohn CharlestonJohn (604 comments) - 07/17/2017 at 5:41 pm //

If only this was two hours southeast. This charming house with a couple acres for the cost of a mid-range SUV? The challenge here is evaluating what has been done, what still needs to be done, and what needs to be redone. This looks like a great deal for someone willing to invest a little time and effort. I’d guess maybe 15 minutes into the the small city of Greenwood, which has most of the amenities one would need.

Just down the street…

2. Richard Arnold (1 comments) - 07/17/2017 at 9:18 pm //

Love the knotty pine (or naughty pine as we called it as kids) : )

3. BosqueNorse BosqueNorse (252 comments) - 07/17/2017 at 11:15 pm //

The Google Map shows the upstairs as very much larger.

4. On Call Ninja (3 comments) - 07/18/2017 at 8:10 am //

I always laugh when I see realtors use the “Old world charm” descriptor. Almost 100% of the time there is nothing European about the home. I think they really mean, “old time charm”. Sorry, I sound a little Snarky, but I feel better now.

• Rhaigh (81 comments) - 07/19/2017 at 12:53 am //

absolutely correct. — it’s fun to come up w. stuff– try “mini spanish castle” LOL – or must see to appreciate. :-)—best of all George Washington slept here.

5. Rhaigh (81 comments) - 07/19/2017 at 12:44 am //

good one, first think, or get in touch with someone who can and will, then –go for it.

6. Rhaigh (81 comments) - 07/19/2017 at 12:54 am //

…even if it is a dump, 2 acres is one nice garden. I can taste the tomatoes as we speak.

7. Dropped to $29,900!

8. Karen Kardell (1 comments) - 08/10/2017 at 6:27 am //

I am hoping to buy this..and renovate..will see what happens. My concern is that the crime rate seems awfully high for rural somewhat, considering the low population factor. If anyone here has more vibes on crime for this area, much appreciated. Would be staying by myself here when in town and feedback appreciated.

• Bradley is an unincorporated town so if you are looking at certain mapping they don’t give crime stats for Bradley but for nearby towns or even the county stats.

Not sure the accuracy of this map but it shows crime by zip: https://www.trulia.com/real_estate/29819-Bradley/crime/

If you are interested you really need to go visit the area, see if you can find some locals to talk to. Seriously, don’t let a house go by until you’ve checked it out for yourself and the location. You’ll miss out on so many great deals otherwise.

• Ross Ross (2526 comments) - 08/10/2017 at 10:56 am //

I would talk with the immediate neighbors.

If they feel safe, I would go with it.

The town is VERY small (pop: 170) and I cannot imagine that it suffers from much crime.

The houses to each side look well maintained. This would be a big plus for me.