1892 Stick Victorian – Eureka, CA – $349,000

SOLD / Archived Post From 2015
Added to OHD on 9/25/15 - Last OHD Update: 11/12/15
258 Hillsdale St, Eureka, CA 95501 Map: Street View
  • Stunning restored Victorian with all the modern upgrades but retaining the vintage charm. Located on fabled Hillsdale Street this 2300 sq/ft, 4 bedroom, 2 bath home will not disappoint with the modern convenience of a designer kitchen with soapstone counters, custom cabinets, professional range and stainless appliances. Marble baths, original Redwood plank floors, 13 foot ceilings, south facing backyard, oversized attached single car garage and incredible curb appeal. This is a spectacular historic property that is a pleasure to see and show!
    Sold By
  • Jill Macdonald, Coldwell Banker Cutten Realty // 707-499-7049
  • Source Links
  • Realtor, Trulia, Zillow

18 Comments on 1892 Stick Victorian – Eureka, CA – $349,000

1. I think this is considered a West Coast Stick although somewhere else it was described as an Italianate with Stick and Eastlake details.

2. Bethany (1770 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 5:52 pm //

I am definitely no expert, but those wide plank floors look really out of place to me inside this ornate, formal Victorian.

• Brosia (94 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 8:00 pm //

I was thinking the same thing. Victorians tend to have narrower floors than this. The floors here put me to mind more of an older home, perhaps closer to 1800, but I’m no expert either.

• Don Carleton (266 comments) - 09/26/2015 at 12:31 pm //

Rougher floors in a house like this suggest the interior was originally intended to be fully carpeted…

• Brosia (94 comments) - 09/26/2015 at 2:59 pm //

I hadn’t even considered that, though it seems obvious now that you pointed it out…thanks. I actually really like the floors, just thought they looked out of place in a “newer” home, and am glad the owner chose to leave them uncovered.

3. LoriSW (15 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 5:59 pm //

It’s pretty and not all of the woodwork is painted, yea!

4. Arkham Arkham (100 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 6:48 pm //

Oh, wow. And just a 6 hours commute…
    But Wow, there is a lot to love.

5. Cassie (3 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 8:01 pm //

Wow, those wide pine floors and pink exterior are to die for!

6. lbbjr (79 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 9:28 pm //

This is a beautifully updated, staged and dressed for sale house.
    The owners/stylists have done a brilliant job!!!
    Eureka

7. Dennis Liming (24 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 9:53 pm //

I’m guessing the floors are redwood (heartwood) as it is common to the area.

8. Dennis Liming (24 comments) - 09/25/2015 at 9:55 pm //

Just noticed in the realtor’s description: “original Redwood plank floors”

9. karrie (184 comments) - 09/26/2015 at 10:14 am //

I am in love and so hope that someone who buys this lovely appreciated it. great street and the yard is not that big to maintain. sigh… if only.

10. Nonni (3 comments) - 09/27/2015 at 1:12 am //

Move along people..this one’s mine-tell the owners to please leave all the furniture and draperies and I’ll move right in!

11. LUCINDA HOWARD (23 comments) - 09/27/2015 at 2:33 pm //

If a house can be squeezable this one is it.

12. Steve H (141 comments) - 09/27/2015 at 11:08 pm //

Beautiful house with well preserved interiors. Love the floors. I do think the renovated kitchen is a tad fussy, especially those overwrought corbels on the island.

13. Sassyfrom925 (1 comments) - 10/20/2015 at 5:37 pm //

Wow..cool points are out the sweet bay window! Maybe if Im a real good girl..my 1904 stick Victorian will grow up to be “just like Her”. I agree with everyone’s comments~ I would add one thing, hmmm~ what is it they say? Somthing about “… for eating crackers in bed” ? Yep. Mine has the narrow redwood floors…and yet. 😉 S.